Tuesday, October 20, 2015

The Maple Hill Hop 103



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
*Grab the button above to link back to Maple Hill 101.*




I've been working at making my "daisy totes" for quite a while now.
With health issues still plaguing me,
my productivity has slowed down,
but I have been wanting to see if they would actually sell.
The fatigue I'm experiencing keeps me from being as ambitious as is in my nature, 
so up until now,
it hasn't been pursued with any gusto.
I do feel good knowing that I am producing something useful,
and that the materials are staying out of the landfill.
The totes are listed on Craig's List, 
but it was time to find other venues for promotion.




This past Saturday, I set up a table at a local downtown flea market/garage sale venue.
Some of the stores are open around 10 a.m.,
and anyone who wants to sell their items is welcome to join in the fun 
and set up right on the main drag.
For only $10 a spot, it seemed worth a shot. 
My table was set up around 8 a.m. on a crisp, clear morning.
It was a new opportunity for me to spread my wings a bit.



The event wasn't as busy as I'd hoped,
as there were quite a few other local events taking place on the same day,
but it was a good experience.
I met some nice folks and got my feet wet.
There were a lot of nice comments about the totes,
but this probably isn't exactly the right fit for my type of item.
Many of the craft fairs or local farmers' markets
cost more to set up.
Since I want to be able to sell the bags at a reasonable price,
I'm not sure how to best go about this.
Also to consider is how tiring it is for me at this time.
I have limited energy and need to be conscientious of how it is spent.
In any case, it's a new endeavor and I'm all about the learning.

What outdoor adventures have you had lately?
HOP on!

   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!