Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Maple Hill Hop 115



Maple Hill Hop


Welcome to 
The Maple Hill Hop.
This is a hop for folks who love the outdoors.
Feel free to post about anything that's going on
OUTSIDE
in your neck of the woods,
no matter the season.
(Please share only outdoor posts.)
*Grab the button above to link back to Maple Hill 101.*



On Friday, I participated in a local street fair,
called The Vintage Flea,
to sell my daisy totes.
It's a flea market/farmer's market type of thing.
This is the first time I've attended this type of event.


I arrived before four for the 5-9 p.m. event.
Not being sure what to expect,
getting there early seemed like a good idea.
My set-up is pretty basic,
as I'm just getting into doing these fairs.



My booth was set up, 
including some special signs that I had made,
also using the feed sack remnants.
It was a blessing to have a patch of dirt next to my area,
as the signs and my shepherd's hooks were able to be stuck into the ground.



Some of the totes were hung from the table using clothes pins.
Big K and I are working on display ideas,
using some repurposed frames and chicken wire.


It seemed like a good idea to show folks the various sizes,
so these three totes helped to give them a  visual.
The mini totes were sold for $3, the medium for $4, and the jumbo for $5.
The vendor who sells my bags elsewhere charges a bit more,
but that's to allow both of us to earn something.

What happened next astounded me.
I nearly sold out.
Gratitude filled me, heart and soul.



Before things got busy at my booth,
I had time to walk around to see what the other vendors were selling.
The gentleman who manned this area had oodles of vintage treasures.
Big K would love this microphone.


This unusual contraption is actually a watch cleaner.
My guess was some kind of milkshake maker.


Here's a ring sizer.
It's amazing the things folks are selling.



 What a beautiful old typewriter.
It's a work of art, 
even if its days of utility are over.



This sweet thing came home with me.
I just couldn't resist it,
as it reminds me so of my late Momma.
She did work like this from the time she was a young girl.
It cost me only a dollar,
but brought me joy and flooded me with wonderful memories.

This event occurs once monthly,
and I plan to attend in February.
In fact, folks were asking me if I was coming back.
That's a good sign.

Even though my shyness left me a bit concerned about dealing with the public,
I couldn't believe how relaxed I was and 
how right it felt to be there
Paying attention to how I feel is something in which I'm improving, 
using it as a guide for personal growth.
This experience has encouraged me to continue on my path,
tweaking as I go.


"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
-Albert Einstein


What new outdoor adventures have you recently tried?
HOP to it!

 


   







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!