Thursday, October 5, 2017

Homemade Cough Remedy


Last week, the cold/virus I had
threw me for a loop.
Because I don't visit the doctor often,
and try to take care of my health myself, 
I rested as much as I could and basically let my duties fall by the wayside. 
That's not easy for me to do, but it is necessary.
When illness strikes, nothing helps like resting,
so I savor each day spent in quiet,
knowing that it will lead me to better days ahead.
Toward the end of the illness,
a cough started, which can disrupt rest and sleep,
so I decided to research homemade cough syrup.
There were quite a few to choose from.
The first one I tried contained cayenne, among other ingredients.
The pepper was supposed to help clear the sinuses.
It didn't really do much for me,
so I came up with one of my own.
Three simple ingredients that most folks have on hand
and just a few minutes to put it together,
helped me feel worlds better.



Homemade Cough Remedy
1/4 C local honey
2 T olive oil
2 t lemon juice (fresh-squeezed)

Measure out each ingredient and add to a glass jar.
Use 1 teaspoon every few hours, as needed.
Store covered in refrigerator for up to a month.



Bee well!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!